Canal du Midi, France
4th July - 1st August 2016
The Carcassonne Festival is a major national (and even international) event. Every year, prestigious sites of historical significance and character become the stage for theatre, circus, opera, dance and concerts adding a unique dimension to these top-quality performances.
This year's line-up includes:
- Mickey 3D (6th July)
- Marina Kaye (9th July)
- Caribbean Dandee (8th July)
- Indochine (+ Rover and Lilly & The Prick) (15th July)
- Pharrell Williams (The Avener & Foals) (17th July)
- Mika (19th July)
- Alain Souchon and Laurent Voulzy (21st July)
- L.E.J (22nd July)
- Lilian Renaud + Zazie (24th July)
- Francis Cabrel (29th July)
- Louane (31st July)
Book a boat from Castelnaudary, Trebes, Homps or Narbonne and ensure there's enough time to get to Carcassonne on the day you would most like to visit. Maybe there's a certain performance you'd like to see? Even if there isn't, the town is alive with street entertainers and festivities so it's still worth a visit to soak up the electric atmosphere.
Tickets are required for most performances - visit www.festivaldecarcassonne.fr for information and to book.